The Investments and Securities Tribunal (Procedure) Rules 2014 provides the Forms for commencement of proceedings in the Tribunal in the Schedules to the Rules. The prescribed fees are also as stated in the Rules and other practice directions and Guidelines as may be issued by the Tribunal from time to time.
Proceedings are usually commenced in two ways.
1. Originating Application
Either of these must be accompanied by the following documents and
For Originating Application:
1. Originating Application as set out in IST Form 2 of the IST(Procedure) Rules
i. Stating the claims and reasons for it;
ii. The reliefs/ prayers sought whether monetary or declaratory.
2. Witness Statement on Oath
i. In numbered paragraphs
ii. Signed by the deponent before the Commissioner of Oath
iii. Passport of deponent must be attached.
3. List of Witnesses
4. List of Documents the party intends to rely on as evidence that is referred to in the Originating Application.
5. Pre- action Notice where the Securities and Exchange Commission is a Defendant.
6. Documentary evidence as Annexures.